Dear Brothers and Sisters,
LIUNA members are skilled workers who do the hard work of building America. Davis-Bacon prevailing wages ensure LIUNA members earn fair pay and benefits. But non-union contractors are ignoring the rules, stealing from workers, and retaliating when workers speak out.
The Department of Labor (DOL) has proposed a historic update to protect and strengthen Davis-Bacon prevailing wage rules that will:
- Ramp up enforcement on law-breaking contractors
- Stop wage theft and misclassification
- Implement anti-retaliation protections
- Modernize the process for setting wages to reinforce the wage floor
- Return to the more fair and accurate three-step method in setting wages (a wage rate will be considered prevailing if it was paid to at least 30 percent of workers)*
The DOL’s proposed updates are ground-breaking and monumental. Strong Davis-Bacon prevailing wage rules are our members’ lifeline to the middle-class. Send your message of support for these changes that will protect Laborers’ wages, and ensure union contractors have a fair chance to bid on federally-assisted construction.
Exploitative business groups like the ABC and unscrupulous non-union contractors are already advocating against these changes. It is imperative that the DOL hears from YOU! Send your message of support today.
Please join your LIUNA brothers and sisters in speaking out NOW! Use our easy tool to support the DOL’s proposed updated rules and tell them to protect LIUNA members’ pay!